This is a bibliography of children’s books that teach kids about disabilities. These are great for parents to read to their kids or for teachers to read in the classroom! These are just a few books out of many, but this is a start for anyone not sure where to begin.
- Cowen-Fletcher, Jane. Mama Zooms. Scholastic Incorporated, 1996.
- Moore-Mallinos, Jennifer. My Brother Is Autistic. Barron’s, 2008.
- Shriver, Maria. What’s Wrong with Timmy? Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2001.
- Thomas, Pat. Don’t Call Me Special: A First Look At Disability. Barron’s Educational Series, 2002.
- Willis, Jeanne, and Tony Ross. Susan Laughs. Andersen Press, 1999.